Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweet Temptations and Little Victories



Yesterday I fell off the bandwagon. Yup, I did. No, I didn't have a soda. I was really good for breakfast and lunch. But by the time I got to dinner (which was at a friend's house), I had 2 helpings of the meat/green beans/rice. Not so bad, right? I did, after all, have 16 points left for the day.

Then came dessert. My friend and her family pulled out all the leftover Christmas cookies. I proceeded to have one. I'll be good, I thought. After eating one, what's the harm in having a second one? From there I kinda dove in. I don't know how many cookies I ate. I believe it was in the range of 6-8. Maybe as many as a dozen.



I also didn't get my 100 oz of water in for the day. I had 80 oz at work, but failed to obtain the last 20 oz. Ridiculous, right?

But today is a new day. And I've done pretty well. I'm kinda proud of myself. Usually when I fall off the bandwagon, I give up. I usually think, "Screw it. Let's go get McDonalds." But not today.

Another little victory: I bought a shirt 3 years ago...it fit (barely) at the time I bought it. But I needed a shirt to wear to my grandmother's viewing (morbid, I know) and it was at Target, so I picked it up. Anyway, the last time I tried it on, I was miserable. My arms barely fit in it, my stomach was tight in it, and the buttons nearly burst.


This afternoon I went on a 'clean the closet' spree. I got all the clothes out of the closet I wanted to give away. For some reason, I left the shirt in there.
As I'm getting ready for my date tonight, I'm trying on clothes, "No...this doesn't look good....no, not this either...hmmm....let's try this one on from 3 years ago even though it didn't look good on me last time...." and...

TA DA!!!!
Not only does it fit, but there's room to spare!

I know you can still see some lumps and bumps, but the shirt hangs pretty well otherwise!

Hooray for little victories!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment