Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all!

New Years is usually a time to set new goals. Normally at this time I'd be setting a goal to lose 100 lbs. This time, if I actually lose 100lbs, I'd actually be too thin to be considered healthy. So I guess last year was a somewhat successful!

July 2009

October 2010


Still have a long ways to go though. So my goal this year is to be healthy. I'm enjoying eating tons of fruit and veggies. I think I'm obsessed with Pineapple. I can't seem to eat enough of it. Only unfortunate thing is that my throat swells a bit when I eat it--hope I'm not allergic because seriously, pineapple is amazing. Watermelon is pretty awesome, too.

Today was my day 2 of 100 days of fitness. My goal was to exercise 30 minutes. I actually did ~20 min worth of weights and ~20 of the elliptical. So I beat my goal and did 40 minutes! w00t!

I miss running. A lot. I need to find my knee brace so I can try to get back into it. My right knee clicks and hurts to do stairs, so if it gets much worse I think I'll have to go see an orthopedist. ugh.

I'm constantly afraid to go running in front of people at the gym, too. Let's face it, I'm not a skinny minny who can run with grace on a treadmill. But I constantly remind myself you can't become a skinny minny if you don't try. I think that's why a lot of people quit going the gym in february. They're all gung-ho to work out in January, and then they get nervous seeing all these skinny minnies running and such. I feel like we don't see the bigger picture tho. Not all skinny minnies started out as skinny minnies. It takes work--hard work--to get there. But we CAN do it.

I can do it. I know I can. I know I will. :)

Today's workout mix:
  1. Firework - Katy Perry
  2. Grenade - Bruno Mars
  3. Forget You - Glee Cast (Gwenneth Paltrow)
  4. Dog Days are Over - Glee Cast

Happy New Year,
Megs


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Go Meg! Start with using the Elliptical Machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meggers!!! You look great! Keep it up girl :-)

    ReplyDelete