Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's been a long time gone

Sorry it's been so long! It's been a very long two weeks.

My grandfather passed away on his 93rd birthday (March 6th), so the following week saw me flying to Omaha, NE and then driving 4 hours to where my grandparents live(d)--Omaha/Minneapolis are 2 of the closest airports, Sioux Falls, SD is actually a little closer, but only by 2 hours. Enough with the details though.

My eating habits have been atrocious to say the least. My grandma lives in an apartment, so that left the Smith family to stay in a hotel. And what comes with a hotel? No food. There was a continental breakfast, but aside from that, we were on our own.

So....bad eating habits ensued. I tried my hardest to eat from the veggie tray, but most of what my family had was everything from Pizza to A&W to McDonalds to KFC (my grandfather's favorite) to a really *interesting* Mexican Restaurant to Village Inn. That coupled with the fact that there was 5" of snow on the ground, so I couldn't go for a walk or run--Last week was not my week.

This week, has been a little bit better. I've lost about half the weight I packed on last week. I joined a thing at my office gym that they give you a 30 minute circuit to do (either strength, flexibility, or endurance, or a combination of strength/endurance). You have to do it twice a week in order to be eligible for a prize at the end of the 10 week program. I did my first set of circuits on Thursday, and then my second set yesterday. My thighs are SORE today. Of course, it could also be because after I did my circuits yesterday, I jumped in my car and went on a 2.7 mile walk with my friends a few miles from their house. They call it 'the hills' for good reason. 3 very steep hills. I definitely got a GOOD sweat going. It felt AMAZING.

I need to start training for my 5k walk in May. Care to join me? Care to make a donation?

Yours in health,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're back on your way! Good job! Training for a 5k and your work program sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get back on track Meg! So proud of you :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have said this many times to you and others: we all have "off" weeks! It's ok as long as you get right back to what you know is best for your body!!!! :) Keep it up! You're in it for the "long haul!"

    ReplyDelete