Friday, January 27, 2012

Reaching Goals

I've been working with my Personal Trainer for nearly 5 months now. We've been doing monthly evaluations to see how I've been doing. I had one on Tuesday.

From November (we skipped December at my request because it was just bad, and I knew it was going to be), I've lost 5lbs, 3 inches in the obliques area. And 0.3% of my body fat. Since my first session 5 months ago, I've lost 1% of my body fat.

My trainer was all excited that I lost a whole percent of body fat. BUT, I've got to say, I wasn't. Yes, it's fantastic that I've replaced fat with muscle. But I look back to my first session and the goals we set. The goal was to lose 2% of my body fat in a month. It took me 5 months to lose 1%.

I know that it's mostly my doing that the weight hasn't come off quicker. I drank at LEAST 20 oz of non-diet mountain dew every day. I also ate McDonald's nearly every day. But I've been pretty darn good this whole month, and so to see only a 0.3% reduction was disappointing.

So what am I doing about it? Did I decide to give up? Nope. I'm actually working harder now, I think.

I forced myself to go to a Muscle Works class yesterday (of which I will give a review of at a later time). And I've been doing Windsor pilates nearly every day this week. My muscles are sore, but it's totally worth it.

I'm gauging my success based on the reduction/elimination of my love handles. Which is a weird way to gauge, I know. BUT, I've eliminated 1 set of love handles, and am nearly finished eliminating my second set--which means I'll have a flat back for the first time in....years.

How do you gauge your successes? Is it in the numbers or in changes you notice/how you feel?

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment