Sunday, May 29, 2011

Craving me some Sonic

Being originally from Oklahoma, naturally, I grew up on Sonic (America's Drive-in). Actually, I wasn't introduced to Sonic until I was 16, but from that age forward, I have had a love affair with Rt44 Cherry Limeades.

Living just outside of Washington DC, there are NO Sonic's...anywhere. The closest one is a good 30 miles from where I live.

So, I got the brilliant idea to create my own (HEALTHIER!) version of my favorite Sonic drink.

Because my local grocery store doesn't carry any flavor of cherry Crystal light, wild strawberry limeade will have to do.

What you need:
Sprite Zero
Wild Strawberry Crystal Light
Lime Juice (or juice from an actual lime)

I have yet to actually try this, but it sounds promising. I'll let you know this evening when I give it a whirl.

Meg

3 comments:

  1. I can't lie, it's quite fantastic.

    8 oz of Sprite Zero, 1/2 a packet of Wild Strawberry Crystal Light, and a couple of splashes of Lime Juice. I believe that comes out to 1 point plus...if that. Awesome, right?!

    ReplyDelete