Thursday, June 2, 2011

Winning

This week's weightloss: 2.5lbs.

Right on target! I was kinda concerned because at one point it had been 5lbs (I weigh myself daily) for the week, and I know that is not healthy.

Today I got a little off track. Poor planning left me breakfastless at work. So I went downstairs to the cafeteria (I was sooooooo hungry). The first thing I see laid out at the breakfast bar is donuts and pastries. And almost as an afterthought, they have some fruit on the side. And instead of choosing the healthy option, I go for the first thing I see: A glazed, fried donut.

By the time lunchtime came around, I was so busy, I felt guilty for having to even stand around at the microwave waiting for my Smart Ones flat bread to cook. Again with the lack of planning today, at 3pm, I was so stressed out and still hungry, so I went with the "Hungry? Why Wait?" slogan and grabbed a Snickers.

I had softball tonight, and was in charge of the beer cooler. I had a Yeunling, but only 1. I was very conscious of the empty calories. And then I got home and dinner was finishing off the homemade tabouleh I made for Memorial Day. I am considering making more tomorrow because it was so dang good. That, and I have 3 massive (MASSIVE) tomatoes my boyfriend bought me.

But I digress. This is hard. I'm not gonna lie. But I know I can do it. And 2.5 lbs is nothing to balk at. :)

What's your reason to celebrate today?
Meg

4 comments:

  1. A 2.5 pound loss is awesome Meg!

    I have the hardest time planning ahead for lunch, and it usually backfires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love!

    Planning ahead is such a pain in the butt. That's why I mostly eat Smart Ones tv dinners for lunch (and they're cheaper than what I'd pay in my work cafeteria). That, and I know exactly what the points plus value is for what I'm eating.

    What helps you plan ahead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Yuengling ;) But so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, thanks, BrittBritt! How do you know of Yuengling? It's bottled in PA and I didn't think that it was sold anywhere but out here and in Germany...

    ReplyDelete