Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Down for the Count

...but I'm going to get back up. Soon. I swear.

Right now I'm suffering from MAJOR allergy issues/borderline sinus infection and I've been dealing with this since last Friday. I went to the gym anyway on Friday and Saturday, but haven't been back since. Sad face.

I'm really exhausted and I have a huge meeting in the morning (not really huge, but it's still an honor and important meeting, so I should be well-rested and look damn fine for it, too rather than my usual 15 minute morning routine).

Anyway, I've lost ~15lbs since the new year. Today I went to the doctor's office to make sure I didn't have an URI or Bronchitis or something and they weighed me. Normally I weigh myself first thing in the morning, scantily clad. Can't really do that in the hallway of a doctors office. So I slipped off my shoes, put my purse down, stepped on the scale and held my breath. 193.5. Whew! I can dig it!

If that wasn't enough of an ego boost, I had to go to Kinkos (or I guess it's now FedEx Office...whatever, it'll always be Kinkos to me) to make photo copies for choir. I normally go in once a week and all the staff know me pretty well. One of the staff (woman) said to me after the other staffers went to the back room, "Dang! You look GREAT! What's your secret?!" "Weight Watchers", I replied. She asked if I was planning on losing any more and I told her that I need to lose a WHOLE lot more weight before I'm even in the healthy stage. She told me that I look really good now. Made me swell with pride.

One good thing about hacking up a lung and sneezing my brains out (figuratively, of course) is that my abs are getting an awesome workout! Not necessarily the way that I'd want to work my abs all the time, but it's pretty durn effective now, especially since I'm not well enough to go to the gym.

Alrighty, time for bed.
Peace and health,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment