Friday, August 5, 2011

Date Night

My boyfriend and I are trying to eat healthier and exercise more.

We're still in an early phase where we eat out ALL the time. I don't mind that--I don't know how to cook for 2 people (let alone ONE). I came from a family of 6, so don't expect me to make food for less than 8 (yeah, that statement is probably correct). But eating out all the time has its drawbacks, too.

Anyway, point is, I'd like to find healthy options. "Why don't you just have a salad" you say? Mostly, I find salads to be lackluster, or really, when it's all said and done, it all tastes the same to me. Nothing is "entertaining" about a salad to me.

Actually come to think about it, I really find all food to be lacking in the entertainment department.

I had an amazing opportunity a couple of weeks ago to eat in Chinatown in San Francisco. I know it was an authentic restaurant because 1/2 the people in there eater were chinese....and it took a good 30 minutes for us to get our meal, so it couldn't have come straight from a bag. Can't get much more authentic than that. The person I was with exclaimed, "Isn't this GREAT!? It's probably the best Chinese food I've ever had!" To me it tasted like the chinese food I can get down the street from my apartment.

I hear all the time from fitness gurus that I should slow down when I eat, enjoy my food. But what if I sincerely just cannot find the joy in anything I eat?

I digress. My original point of this blog was to ask, what in the heck do I eat when my boyfriend and I go on a date and I'm not a fan of salads?

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment